Monday, February 13, 2012

My Picture

That's me with the pirate uniform on, at age two in the backyard of our house in Troy. Really cute. Some aspects of personality never change. My older brother is in the background. My younger sister is probably in the house, or nearby, because my mother is wielding the camera. The picture was taken with a fold out camera from the 1930s that accompanied my mother wherever she and we went in our early years together. It used 620 film, 8 photos to a rolls. It was dropped off at a local drug store and returned a week or so later, developed with negatives impossible to decipher.

The brick facade of our house was always in need of repair. Dad often pointed it up using his limited masonry skills, but I realize this wasn't his work. We still lived on the first floor, and rented from someone who probably did the patch job.

No comments: