Friday, July 20, 2012

Aurora, CO. - a reflection

Like the rest of Americans, and all world citizens, I have paused prayerfully out of respect for the victims and families affected by the massacre in Aurora, CO. It happens too often, and is there nothing able to be done?

I get a catalog called Sportsman's Guide. There are a lot of bargains in the catalog, on shoes, boots, tents, hunting equipment, ammo; even a gatling gun kit that allows a person to convert a .22 into a weapon that will shoot 4 bullets a second (I think that's correct.) It's the concept that is the problem. I asked myself, "Where can that be used?" Maybe if attacked by a herd of deer! or bears! Rabbits!

 Lots of cross bows in the catalog too, and air rifles ala Red Ryder, and pellet guns. So I can get all this stuff, online, mailed to my home. And this company has some great buys on ordinary things like shorts, shirts and socks.


There are some places in the USA where I will not travel, a self restriction, because you never know who has a weapon, and sooner or later there will be a victim, often shot "inadvertently."


One congressman from Texas was surprised that no one in the theater had a weapon to confront the killer. Right! Compound the situation.


Is there really nothing that can be done about the violence in our land? 



No comments: