Friday, March 12, 2010

Spring forward

I just did a 2 mile walk as far as Van Altynes and back in 30 minutes.I have decided that I would eventually like to do 4 miles in one hour, which is almost to the Hillsdale line south of here. I could then reach Great Barrington in 3 hours or Chatham in 2. Wow!

The big news this spring is that Phyllis continues to progress in rehab, and will then join me in her own way on these jaunts. She was a cheerleader, after all. The promise of the crocus, still hiding beneath the snow takes on reality with the fragrance of fresh flowers sent by well wishers and delivered to her temporary "home".

There is much anticipation. The resurrection has taken on new meaning as we spring forward, clear the cob webs, bake some Easter bucellatte and get ready for the homecoming. I offer this poem from William Wordsworth. My rainbow is Phyllis, and my life began anew when I met her


My Heart Leaps Up
by William Wordsworth

My heart leaps up when I behold
A rainbow in the sky:
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old,
Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

No comments: