Thursday, March 04, 2010


It's been a while since I have had the time or energy to post anything. Sometimes, life takes turns that require more steering, and often crashes happen despite the best of caution. This sounds ominous, and it is. I don't like to write about the bad things that happen, the crashes. I prefer the good times, so here goes.

Phyllis is recovering from a hip fracture. As she progresses toward recovery in rehab, I am confident about her prognosis, although I am aware that a walker will inevitably be a part of our lives forever. We can deal with that.

Phyllis has a smile and way that wins hearts and minds. This is unchanged. Dozens of cards with get well wishes have been sent her way. She is loved by many, and she is grateful for all.

We hope to be a household again in a couple of weeks. Healing is so indeterminate. It will work, on time for spring, alive with robins, magnolia, crocus, and a fresh garden, and a refreshed Phyllis.

No comments: